Storytelling is the world's oldest artform. It was there behind the pictures on cave walls painted by the very first humans, and has remained the most important art for humanity ever since — making possible the transmission of information, the communication of ideas to inspire, and entertainment to console or excite.
So we at Snail Tales love nothing more than sharing the art of storytelling with others! We also have a wide variety of other artistic tools at our disposal that are helpful for tale-spinning, including puppetry, songwriting, and of course that most famous subset of storytelling, acting.
Storytelling really does encapsulate a broad spectrum of key skills. Need to boost your confidence in public-speaking? decision-making? ventriloquism?
We have experience training a wide range of ages and professions for a variety of purposes. From primary schools to secondary education, trainee vicars, teachers, care home staff... Just contact us [goes to booking form below] to discuss your requirements — we'll be delighted to speak with you!
Examples of workshops we offer include...
- Basic/advanced storytelling
- Public speaking
- Creative problem-solving
- Sketch and/or song writing
- Vocal projection
- Puppetry and/or ventriloquism
- Storytelling and magic
- Drama and/or role-playing
Prices and how to book
If you have time, please read our full terms and conditions as they are binding when you make your booking (this link opens in a new window/tab). But if you don't, here's a quick summary of the important points:
- We require an upfront deposit of roughly 1/3 your total amount payable, which is refundable if you have to cancel over 60 days before your event.
- Payment of the full balance will usually be required on the day of your event.
- We usually retain full rights to use any stories created by workshop participants.
- Our storytellers are covered by public liability insurance, and it only remains your responsibility to have conducted a full risk assessment of your venue.
- Our storytellers are all CRB-checked, but the law still means that we can't be left alone with any children — so please always ensure another adult will be present to be in loco parentis.
NB: By law, Snail Tales is currently not required to charge VAT.
Individual workshops — £100 per hour (or part thereof)
- Suitable for almost any venue
- Each workshop will be adapted to the age range and abilities of the participants
- We only charge for our time spent telling — so if you want two 1hr workshops with a 2hr gap in-between, you will still only be charged £200
- Travel will be charged at 25p from our storyteller's most recent location — so certain dates may reduce the cost to you