Storytelling has entertained the whole of humanity since the dawn of speech... So why not bring some of that magic to your own festival or event?
Snail Tales storytellers have entertained countless thousands in audiences of children, adults or both. We use traditional techniques that always engage, inspire and entertain — and we will often employ other styles of performance too, such as puppetry, ballads, magic and art. And of course there is always plenty of joining in!
Our storytellers have been a regular feature of Greenbelt Festival for the last four years, been seen on Cambridge Parker's Piece as part of a public event many a time, and appeared in the RAF Museum London, the Shire Hall Gallery in Stafford, and even a Debenham's department store!
Whatever the reason for your event, Snail Tales will have something to offer. We will either adapt one of our theatre productions or school performances to your venue, or put together a programme especially to match your theme or setting.
Examples of our offering for festivals and events include...
- Crowd-drawing performances — suitable for events that can provide us with a stage or separate space
- Bedtime stories — a peaceful end-of-the-day activity for family overnight events
- Story walks — our storytellers take the audience on a journey around your event, telling stories inspired by the locations
- Walkabout storytelling — our storytellers will approach small groups traipsing around your event, and give them a story while they wait or queue
Prices and how to book
If you have time, please read our full terms and conditions as they are binding when you make your booking (this link opens in a new window/tab). But if you don't, here's a quick summary of the important points:
- We require an upfront deposit of roughly 1/3 your total amount payable, which is refundable if you have to cancel over 60 days before your event.
- Payment of the full balance will usually be required on the day of your event.
- Our storytellers are covered by public liability insurance, and it only remains your responsibility to have conducted a full risk assessment of your venue.
- Our storytellers are all CRB-checked, but the law still means that we can't be left alone with any children — so please always ensure another adult will be present to be in loco parentis.
NB: By law, Snail Tales is currently not required to charge VAT.
Storytelling for events — £100 per hour (or part thereof)
- Suitable for almost any venue
- Each performance will be adapted to the age range and abilities of your audience
- We only charge for our time spent telling — so if you want a 1hr performance and 1hr of walkabout storytelling with a 2hr gap in-between, you will still only be charged £200
- Travel will be charged at 25p from our storyteller's most recent location — so certain dates may reduce the cost to you